Welcome

Welcome! My health problems add craziness to my life. Here I post ideas I've tried, also questions I'm still asking. I have an electrolyte disorder. So I have crazy neuro stuff like complicated migraines, alkalosis, loosing my speech and paralysis. (including legs and hands) Little by little, foods had to go, they affected my brain and immune system. So I avoid like the plague: soy, dairy, gluten, nightshades, and try to avoid refined sugar. My body requires pink salt and electrolytes. I now use a speedy red wheelchair that I love. I've craved a simpler life, but how do you do that with crazy health stuff? I've already had a fire and flood, so I really don't value possessions. I value people and experiences. I am not compensated for any posts, just my opinions.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Discovering I Have Other Relatives That Sign ASL

I'm pretty excited because I've been trying to learn ASL, and I'm practicing every day. Then recently a relative found me and told me I have deaf relatives and that ASL is their first language. Please see my other blog post for Paula's story. This is about my Mecklenburg and Brunswick Virginia relatives, so it's got some family history, because we have deaf ancestors as far back as colonial days in Virginia. And they attendeded schools, learning sign language. I've had so much fun learning and listening to these stories. Here's the story link: http://juliecabitto-preservinghistoryrecords.blogspot.com/2017/04/paula-wright-our-deaf-ancestry.html

No comments:

Post a Comment